Traditional-style Christmas Cake that tastes just like 'the real deal' - but without the added sugar!
Prep Time: 40 Minutes Prep, 1 Hour Cook Time (Baked)
- 250g 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Golden
- 3 Cups Mixed fruit
- 1 Cup Brandy
- 1 ½ Cups Plain Flour
- 1 Tbsp Allspice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup fruit Mince
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/3 Cup Dates (chopped)
- 4 whole eggs
- Marzipan 500g (See Recipe)
- Fondant 500g (See Recipe)
- In a medium pot add the butter, mixed fruit, mince fruit and dates, orange juice, ½ the brandy.
- Heat for 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl then fold in the fruit mixture and finally the eggs
- In a 9 inch Cake Tin, place the mixture cover with cling film.
- Place the cake in the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 1 hour at 140c
- To check insert a skewer if it comes out clean it's cooked.
- Pour the remaining brandy over the cake and allow to cool.
- Keep at room temperature
- Once cooled roll out the Marzipan approx. 5mm thick and cover the cake
- Next, Roll out the fondant approx. 5mm and layer over the cake leave at room temperature until ready serve.