A Traditional style Christmas Pudding that's bursting with flavour - but without all the added sugar!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Prep, 2 Hour Cook Time
- 250g/1 Cup Butter1 Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Golden
- 3 Cups Mixed fruit
- 1 Cup Brandy
- 1 ½ Cups Plain Flour
- 1 Tbsp Allspice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup Fruit Mince
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/3 Cup Dates (chopped)
- 4 whole eggs
- In a medium pot add the butter, mixed fruit, mince fruit and dates, orange juice, ½ the brandy.
- Heat for 10 minutes on a low heat. Allow the mixture to cool slightly
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl then fold in the fruit mixture and finally the eggs
- In a pudding bowl, place the mixture cover with cling film.
- Place the pudding into a oven tray with an inch of water in the base, place in the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 2 hour at 140c
- To check insert a skewer if it comes out clean its cooked.
- Pour the remaining brandy over the pudding and allow to cool.
- Keep at room temperature before serving.