A wonderful warming family dessert for any occasion. Substitute the fruit to match what is in season. Serve with our Chantilly Cream.
Prep Time: 40 minutes Cook Time 10 Minutes
¾ cup unsalted butter
⅓ cup almond flour
½ cup gluten-free flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
½ cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
4 pears peeled
¼ cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
2 cups water
1 ginger tea bag (or your favourite flavoured tea)
¼ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 150ºC.
2. To make the crumble mix combine all the ingredients into a bowl a mix until they look like bread crumbs the lumpier the better.
3. Place the crumble mix onto a non stick baking tray and cook for approx. 20 minutes or until the crumble is looking lightly golden. (Note remove after 10 minutes and stir). Remove from the oven allow to cool and set aside. (Note this method will give you the crunchiest crumble topping and not soggy.
Increase oven to 180ºC.
4. To make the poached pears combine the water, tea bag, sweetener and cut a fresh lemon into a medium sized pot. Add the whole pears to the pot.
5. Place the pot on the stove and cook over a medium heat until the pears are just soft on the outside allow the pears to cool in the liquid (Approx. 10-15min). Once cooled remove the pears and cut into quarters then slice. KEEP the liquid.
6. Lay the pears and blueberries in an oven proof dish layering with cinnamon as you go.
7. Pour a little of the liquid over the pears but only enough to go about half
way up the sides of the pears.
8. Next top with your crumble mix and place back into the oven for 10 minutes.