Using cauliflower rice is perfect if you’re eating low carb and its equally delicious and nutritious if you’re not. Lakanto’s Baking Blend is the best swap out for sugar in sushi rice which can traditionally be quite sweet and high in carbs. Cauliflower also brings antioxidants, fibre and choline to the table! Yum!
Recipe crafted by Holly @Paradise Pantry
Low Carb // Gluten Free // Real Food // Keto // Healthy Fats // Antioxidant Rich
easy - medium
- 1/2 Cauliflower
- 2 x Nori sheets
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Baking Blend
- 1tbsp Vinegar (preferably rice wine vinegar, but any type will work)
- 1 piece of Salmon (raw or hot smoked)
- 1 Cucumber, sliced lengthways
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced lengthways
- Prepare all ingredients: Get all of your ingredients ready. Make sure your salmon is fresh and great for
- Blend Cauliflower: Cut cauliflower into smaller pieces. Add it into a blender and add cold water, just to
cover the cauliflower. Blend until cauliflower is in tiny rice-looking pieces.
- Cook Cauli Rice: Add cauliflower with water into the pot and let it cook for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar
and Lakanto Baking Blend. Once cooked, drain the cauliflower rice through the sieve. Run through with cold
water so you are able to handle the heat afterward.
- Dry Cauli Rice: Once all of the water is drained, transfer the cauliflower onto the muslin cloth and
squeeze it until all of the water is out. If you don’t have a cloth just squeeze the water out well with your
hands. Place the cauliflower onto a bowl and get ready to roll it into your nori sheets.
- Layer your Sushi: Place your nori sheet on a sushi mat, add the cauli rice as you would in traditional sushi
making (a thin layer over 3/4 of the sheet leaving the top 1/4 empty). Add your desired veggies and fish
along the sheets. Water the end of the nori a bit so it will hold once rolled.
- Roll and cut: Roll the sushi and place it aside. Do it all again with the second roll. Once done, cut with a
sharp knife and set it for serving.
- Use any other protein or other veggies if you don’t like or have access to salmon.
- Other Lakanto products like classic or icing powder will work just as well if you don’t have Baking Blend in your cupboard.
- If you have leftover cauliflower rice its great in a curry or anything that you’d use rice for!
Approx. Nutritional Information Per Serve 140g Energy 302kJ (72 Cal) Protein 5.2g Total Fat 3.2g Saturated Fat 0.6g Carbohydrate 3.7g Fibre 3.3g Sugar 3.0g Sodium 54mg