Now made Responsibly Sweet with 100% Less Carbs, and 100% Less Sugar!!
VEGAN / GLUTEN FREE / KETO / LOW CARB 100% SUGAR FREE 100% LESS CARBS
|5 minutes - chill 1 hr or chill over night
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tbsp Agar Agar
- 1 cup Lakanto Bakers Vanilla Syrup
- Lakanto Icing Powder for dusting
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil (spray)
- 1 tsp natural raspberry flavour
- 3-4 drops natural red food colour
NOTEUsing a coconut spray, spray a 9x13cm pan and line with a sheet of parchment with long ends. Lightly dust all with Lakanto Icing Powder. The paper will allow you to lift out the
marshmallows for cutting, later.
- Put the water in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the balloon whisk attachment, Sprinkle the Agar Agar (vegan form of gelatin) over the water and let sit.
- Put the Bakers Vanilla Syrup in a relatively deep saucepan, because as the syrup cooks it will foam up.
- Heat the syrup to 90C, and remove from the stove.
- Turn the mixer on low to mix the Agar Agar (gelatin replacement) and water. While the machine is going, drizzle in the hot syrup, slowly. When all the syrup is in, raise the speed of the mixer and beat on high until you get a thick, glossy mixture that holds stiff peaks. Add your pinch of salt and raspberry flavour and 3-4 drops of natural red food colour at this point.
- Immediately spread the mixture into your prepared pan. It's sticky, so take the time to get it all out and then spread it as evenly as you can. An offset spatula works well for this.
- Let the mixture sit to firm up for several hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Remove the marshmallows from the pan using the parchment paper sling, and invert onto a surface that has been covered with sifted Lakanto Icing Powder.
- Carefully peel off the paper. Dust the whole surface with more Lakanto Icing Powder.
- Slice the slab of marshmallow into strips using a long sharp knife. Then cut the strips into cubes. Dust all exposed edges with Lakanto icing Powder to prevent sticking.
- Best enjoyed within the next few days.
Approx. Nutritional Information Per Serve 15g Energy 52kJ (12 Cal) Protein 1.2g Total Fat 0.0g Saturated Fat 0.0g Carbohydrate 0.0g Fibre 0.0g Sugar 0.0g Sodium 33mg